Probate Administration is the legal process of administering the estate of a deceased person, resolving all claims and distributing the deceased person’s property to the beneficiaries of the Estate.
Experiencing the loss of a loved one is a difficult and emotional experience. Whether your loved one had a Will or not, a large or small estate, most estates need to go through the probate process with the court. We will be there to help take care of the estate administration and relieve the stress of managing the financial and administrative affairs during this difficult time.
The experienced staff at McCarty Law Offices, PLC will be there to help you through this difficult time by managing the financial and administrative affairs on behalf of the Estate. If, during this process, conflicts arise, an experienced litigator will work to resolve them.
Probate Practice and Procedure in Michigan and Florida
Probate practice and procedure, whether in Michigan or Florida, involves opening and administering a decedent’s (dead person’s) estate. When our law firm probates an estate, we take the following essential steps:
- File the most recent Will with the probate court
- Petition the probate court for appointment of a Personal Representative
- Identify and inventory the decedent’s property
- Have the property appraised
- Collect money owed to the estate
- Pay debts and taxes
- File appropriate tax returns
- Identify the beneficiaries
- Locate the beneficiaries
- Distribute the remaining property as outlined in the will and other documents or through intestacy (where there is no will involved)
If there is a dispute, we litigate those matters in Probate Court. Contact McCarty Law Offices today for a free 30 minute consultation regarding any Michigan or Florida probate.
- Drafting and filing of essential documents
- Will interpretation
- Probate Litigation
- Collection of debts owed to the estate
- Payments of debts owed by the estate
- Inventory and appraisal of decedent’s remaining property
- Final tax preparation
Distribution of Assets
- Identifying and locating beneficiaries
- Distributing property in accordance with the wishes of the deceased